If you are a beginning blogger or are a seasoned blogging vet, you may occasionally need a blogging tip to help you create content or to get you back on track. However, if you are a new blogger you might need a lot more help. Regardless of how long you have been blogging, the following dos and don’ts can help you to be a bigger blogging success.
Top Blogging Dos and Don’ts
– DO post regularly. This blogging tip may be old news, but if you are a new blogger you may not really know what regularly means. You should try to post at least once a day, maybe even more.
– DON’T put a ton of ads on your blog. If you are a beginning blogger, this might not seem like a good blogging tip because you want to start making money. Your visitors don’t like ads, and if there are too many, they won’t click on any of them because they won’t come back. Put up a few pertinent, discretely placed ads to have readers and income potential.
– DO tell people you are blogging. If you are a new blogger, a quick way to initially get visitors is to tell people you know that you have a blog. Let folks know via your social media networks and tell the folks you know in real life, like family and coworkers. Even if you have been blogging for a while, let these people know about your site, as they may become your biggest fans.
– DON’T have music or video autoplay on your blog. If someone clicks on a link to your site while slacking off at the office and the newest Rihanna hit starts blaring though the speakers, he or she will be embarrassed and won’t come back. Even if the aforementioned scenario doesn’t play out, music and other audio like this is annoying.
– DO comment on your comments. A new blogger often doesn’t think of blogs as social media, but they very much are. If you comment back on your comments, readers will come back more often because they feel like they are in a discourse with you. If you don’t comment, they will feel ignored and may stop visiting.
– DON’T post just for posting’s sake. If you are trying to build a legitimate blog, this could be the best blogging tip on here if you are struggling to post one or more times a day. If you don’t have anything relevant to post, don’t toss just anything up. Your readers may not appreciate a scattered blog with off-message content and may stop visiting.
– DO comment on other blogs. And leave links to your site when you do so. Make sure that these are pertinent, honest comments about the other bloggers content. Your comment will lead to some folks clicking to your site through this comment, and it could cause your blog to squeeze just a centimeter up the search rankings.
– DON’T use spammy methods to get visitors and readers to your site. There are plenty of black hat SEO tricks a beginning blogger may be willing to try to get instant success, but don’t do it. If you do things that are funky, fishy and maybe a bit spammy, you won’t get off to a good start. Your blog could end up with a bad name, and you could even get it blacklisted from search sites. Ouch!
– DO subscribe to your own blog. You need to know what your readers see through their RSS feeds. If something is difficult to read, you will know before your readers start running away.
– DON’T forget share and social media buttons. This blogging tip is a big one. These share features let you readers market your blog for you. Without these you are severely limiting your blogs potential and drastically cutting down on the amount of people who will be exposed to your amazing work.
This article is written by Kevin Moor who writes for different sites, which inter alias are working to find perfect uninstaller.